Welcome to Sport at Goosnargh Oliverson’s
At Goosnargh Oliverson’s CE Primary School, we want our pupils to get the best experience from their sport and P.E. lessons, therefore we continue to appoint a school sports council to help make decisions along side the teachers to maintain a positive attitude towards school sport.
Meet Our Sports Council Team
This year, our Year 6 sport council members are:
During our weekly meetings, children behave very maturely and want the very best out of our P.E. lessons in school and are very motivated to ensure that we have all the right elements in place to ensure lessons and out door activities are as fun and enjoyable as they possibly can be.
Alongside Miss Shepherd and Mr Hoole, pupils will be involved in:
- Helping to organise Intra-School competitions.
- Helping to ensure our achievements are shared with the rest of the school.
- Writing sport reports.
- Organising different activities at playtime to promote an active lifestyle.
- Working with younger children to build upon their basic movement skills.
- Ensuring that the school sports notice board is up to date with results.
- Be a representative for the rest of the school to put ideas and opinions forward.
- There may be opportunities for pupils to attend leadership meetings to develop their skills and share ideas.
- They will help the school house captains organise their team choices for house matches.
- They will help to organise and run both Sports Days and School Games Days.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the pupils of Goosnargh to further their leadership skills and have an input in their sporting development throughout the school.
Sports Day 2019